cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

Potatoes have arrived!

  • Monday, April 19, 2010
  • So I have truly lost it....I ordered $65.00 worth of potatoes this year.... I haven't spent $65 for potatoes ... ever!  Meaning I don't eat enough potatoes to warrant such a cost, what was I thinking? Oh well...I know have potatoes tucked in EVERYWHERE. I have 4 potato bags, 1 converted tomato bag, 2 cedar circles, one broken 'utility tub' now converted potato bin, and several other locations where tators are tucked away..... should be a fun ride!  Here are the varieties I got:

    Caribe- One of the earliest and prettiest potatoes you'll dig.  Deep purple skin with snow white flesh.  Can be quite large with good yields.  Good for boiling, baking and frying.  Lovely as a new potato.  Very early maturing. 

    Carola- The best yielding yellow-fleshed potato we have ever grown here in our central VA garden. Heavy yields of medium-size potatoes with a light beige skin.  They sunny yellow interior has a smooth creamy texture suitable for baking or frying. Mid season.

    Cranberry Red- Considered the best of the red-skinned red-fleshed varieties. Excellent for potato salad because of its low starch content.  Smooth texture and high yields.  Early to mid-season.

    Rose Finn Apple Fingerling- A favorite amont fingerling fans. Beautiful rose color with moderately dry yellow flesh. Reliable and high yielding.

    Russian Banana Fingerling- Rare heirloom potato. Savory finger sized yellow tubers are exquisite baked, boiled, or in salads. Heirloom gourmet variety first grown by early Russian settlers.  Crescent shaped tapered ends. Unsurpassed culinary quality.

    So here goes nothing!  Hope my neighbors like potatoes!

    0 comments: