cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

Random pics from the garden...

  • Saturday, May 29, 2010

  • If I don't post these now, I won't ever!  Random photos from Garden 2010.  These are of my spring veggies and the preparation of my beds!:

    • Bok Choi- I harvested 4 heads and have my new second 'wave' planted. I made Bok Choi soup.
    • Peas- You should see these now!  But this is how they started.  They are right near the front door.
    • Beet/Romanesco Bed- Wow...this looks like nothing compared to now!  They really filled in. These beds are brand new, thanks dad for building them. They are filled with 'black gold' compost.
    • Sunberry bed- You should check out the description of these heirlooms...pretty cool. Guess these aren't very popular, but are historical!
    • Garlic- Keeping the cycle going.....this is from my harvest from last year.....ate alot, and planted a few!
    • Egyptian Onions- My perennial walking onions!  The heads fall and plant themselves.
    • Chamomile- I love tea and this perennial herb is a love of mine.
    • Cold Frame-  My cold frame rocked.  This is at the start of the season, and it really filled out as the heat picked up.
    • Front tomato bed (getting prepared)- I wanted to have more veggies close to the house... so I prepared these, covered them with landscape fabric and covered with mulch.  My little mantis did all of the work!
    • Cabbage- Got these varieties from Gail.....tomas in the center, endamame and favas on the other side.
    • Lovage- What an awesome herb, kinda like celery!  It is really getting tall!
    • 'Soon to be' Pumpkin Patch- This bed was a huge mess. Full of poison ivy, lemon balm, butterfly bushes...you name it. We hired my neighbor to clear and till it.  In July it will be the home to my squash and pumpkins!
    • Rhubard
    • Beds covered with landscape fabric- still messy but getting there! After liming and fertilizing, and adding alot of aged manure, I covered my beds to warm up!

    0 comments: