cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

First 'Light' Frost!

  • Wednesday, November 4, 2009
  • So we got our first light frost last night.  First week in November, not so bad!  I checked to see what damage had occurred but even my pepper plants survived abit of cold. I don't think they will be so lucky next time.  To this point I am still harvesting the following veggies!
    • hot peppers
    • dry beans
    • pie pumpkins
    • acorn squash
    • Papaya squash....amazing but true!
    • beets
    • herbs
    • lettuce
    • swiss chard
    • malabar 'mock' spinach
    So not so bad for November. My kale is growing so hopefully we will have greens for the winter.  As each plant finishes its life it makes the job of cleaning up the garden much easier ..... but we aren't done for the season yet!

    0 comments: