cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

Cherry Crisp Pie Recipe

  • Sunday, October 25, 2009
  • So an odd time to post a recipe for cherries, but since this is my garden blog and its purpose is to keep my most important thoughts organized - I am posting a recipe I would like to try.  It is coming into winter and I froze alot of cherries from our tree this year- so hopefully this recipe will be a hit in January!


    Cherry Crisp Pie (adapted from Michigan Cherry Marketing Institute)
    • 1/2 a stick of butter
    • 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
    • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
    • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 cans (21 ounce) cherry pie filling (I plan to use my frozen cherries abit sweetened with sugar and some cornstarch)
    • 1 graham cracker crust (premaid or make yourself)
    Melt butter is saucepan.  Add in oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Spoon pie filling into graham cracker crust.  Sprinkly oat mixture over top.  Place pie on bakcin gsheet and bake 375 degree until topping golden brown about 45 minutes.  Cool and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.  I may also try this with a normal crust as well..... Will post the review once I make it!

    0 comments: