cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

Pie Cherries HARVESTING NOW!

  • Wednesday, June 17, 2009
  • So my red rubies are back this year.....andthey are here like gang busters! Last year I picked a heap and told myself I had to prepare for this 'picking sprint' this year. Well it caught me off guard and I looked yesterday and they have peaked already! So tonight off I go! Last night Broden and I did start picking and he had so much fun. I love that I am raising Broden along with the harvest....he loves all the waves of fruit coming in. My rule is - during harvest time you gorge yourself on that fruit cause it only happens once a year! That is what we did last night, just pick and eat and pick and eat. When I asked him what he wanted for dinner he said, "CHERRIES!"

    Here is something I just pulled from Mother Earth News, didn't know they were so good for you!
    "Recent university studies suggest that cherries can reduce pain caused by arthritis or muscle strain, help prevent Type 2 diabetes and possibly slow the growth of cancerous tumors: all great reasons to eat more cherries and even plant a few trees yourself."
    I will post some pics and recipes once I finish picking!

    1 comments:

    Kelly said...

    I know you never reply on this blog, but I am hoping you read it....just wondering if you had that baby yet?!?

    My facebook account is all screwy and I don't have an e-mail addy for you.....maybe I will try giving you a call soon.

    ~Kelly