Last week I harvested my first cucumber and Broden said it was the MOST DELICIOUS cucumber EVER! Ha, ha. A few updates:
- I pulled ALL OF THE SQUASH PLANT voluteers that sprouted up in the garden. I found like 20+ squash bugs breeding and that eeked me out enough to pull them all!
- I have a few Delicata Squash plants under a row cover HOPING the bugs won't get to them. I am watching daily to see when the blossoms open.
- I mulched the patio beds well to hopefully conserve some water. Crazy how dry they get!
- Picked and pitted 20 lbs of tart cherries. Not the best, but at least I got something.
- Bought a case of local raspberries and froze them for the winter.
- Pulled the peas and am drying the pods that were left so I can use the seeds in the spring.