cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

It is cold...but my brain is on fire!

  • Saturday, November 29, 2008
  • So it may be too cold outside to do much, but inside I am gardening! I just grew my first harvest of sprouts and used them in some smoothies, and my indoor garlic has come up! Can't wait for some cuttings of these shoots. I also just finished writing my first column called Locavore Living for the Blue Ridge Leader, in Purcellville, VA. My first article was on growing an indoor garden, and my next idea is to talk about the Power of Greens. I am still harvesting turnips, kale, curly greens, tatsoi greens, and seven top turnips. I am also pouring over seed catalogs with ideas for next year! I even have a tentative garden plan....I am keeping things simple, but just growing more of what I love. Last year I did abit of everything, but time to grow lots more of what we love! I considered not growing Okra, but just got some very cross eyes from my mother-in-law, ok- it is back in the plan! Ok- gotta go!

    0 comments: