cabbage cherries kitchen garden bean support Demo image Demo image

GARDEN UPDATES - Mid November

  • Tuesday, November 11, 2008
  • Would you believe I am just as busy now as I was in the spring? Well I am! Here is that I am working on:

    • collecting as many leaves as I can for me new beds, and covering up my winter hardy plants
    • digging new beds with a borrowed MANTIS tiller (it rocks!)
    • searching on Craig's list for free manure and spreading on beds
    • buying winter seeds- micro greens, sprouts, and some veggies for inside
    • preserving my greens: dehydrating, freezing etc.
    • mixing soil for indoor garden
    • cleaning up garden - putting things away- pulling out dead plants etc.
    • burning braches around property
    • moving worm bins inside garage
    • preserving harvested apples
    • protecting my 'greens' from icky green worms (hand squishing them)
    • reading seed catalogs for next year!
    • planting garlic and onions

    So as you see, lots to do with little daylight to do it.

    0 comments: